Winter, Dec 22 – March 18th, teaches us that the only way to fully enjoy the powers of the season is to surrender to it and learn from what it has to offer us.In this deep stillness of nature, winter calls us to look into our depths, to reconnect to our inner being, to befriend the darkness within us and around us. Water is the most yin of all the five elements.
The organ systems associated with Water are the Kidneys and Urinary Bladder, which rule water metabolism and maintain homeostasis, a dynamic continual rebalancing.In Western medicine we know that the kidneys regulate water metabolism and stabilize the heart and blood pressure.
Fear is the emotion associated with the Water Element. In a healthy way, fear is an emotion that moves and directs us to remain alert and attentive to our surroundings and situation.
How to Keep Healthy
* Practice Self-acceptance – Take Time to Listen and Recharge – Nourish Yourself Well
- Warm food and drink lots of water
- Winter sucks the moisture out of your body
- Hydrate by drinking at least 8 to 10 glasses of fresh water daily.
- Eat warming foods such as root vegetables, whole grains, and small amounts of meat or fish protein.
- If you are a vegetarian, eat more beans, nuts, and tempeh.
This is Urinary Tract Infection and Kidney Stone season….WATER…WATER and WATER is your friend:)